About the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration)
BSB40120 Certificate IV in BusinessThis qualification specialised in Administration reflects the role of individuals in a variety of Business Services job roles. These individuals may have supervisory performance accountabilities.
Individuals in these roles carry out a mix of specialist and moderately complex administrative or operational tasks that require self-development skills. They use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
How to study with LET Training
This course is delivered entirely online, giving you the freedom to adapt it to your own lifestyle. We encourage you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Grow your skills and get qualified without the constraints of attending physical classes.
You can study at any time, any place, with maximum flexibility.
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, phone or visual classroom sessions, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Enrol at any time and start straight after enrolment!
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
No minimum or structured timeframe but effective time management!
- You can complete the course as quickly as you choose.
- On average it may take you 30-4040-5050-6060-7065-7570-80 hours to complete a unit of competency. However this will be influenced by your experience, quality of time spent on study and work rate.
- We find our students complete this qualification with varying timeframes. It just depends on your life situation and time availability.
Unlimited learning support!
- Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
You can enrol and start at any time!
We are committed to seeing you through your course. To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course, the following entry and study requirements apply.
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies; or
- Successful completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent; and
- Have at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have at least 12 months’ work experience; and
- Have at least 2 years’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files and produce documents (using Microsoft Suite); and
- Have reliable internet access; and
- Have a valid email account and a telephone with a valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support session; and
- Participating in interactive assessment activities and interviews.
Skills needed for study:
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues.
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems.
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send emails with attachments, participate in web based communications, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data.
- Research skills to be able to research information and data from a variety of sources.
- Attention to details to successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency.
To be awarded this qualification, you are required to complete 12 units of competency. LET Training offers the following units:
Certificate IV in Business (Administration)
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBHRM417 Support human resources functions and processes
- BSBINS402 Coordinate workplace information systems
- BSBOPS405 Organise business meetings
- BSBTEC401 Design and produce complex text documents
Upon enrolment, you will be provided with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency (via the Learning Management System). For example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based short answer questions;
- Participate in interviews and/or interactive activities in a simulated business environment.
You will be required to submit your evidence for evaluation to the assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process. You will also be provided with opportunities to adjust and resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
You are well supported throughout your course, so you won’t feel alone!
LET Training strives in many ways to support you in your learning. This includes:
Providing resources and services accessible to our online and recorded webinars and support resources published on LET Training website Learning Support page; and
Unlimited opportunities to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist trainer between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (NSW Business Days and Time) via:
- Email (responded within 24 business hours)
- Web-based Applications (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Team leader/supervisor
- Purchase officer
- Project administrator
- Corporate receptionist
- Frontline manager
- Operations officer
- Assistant to senior manager
- Customer support officer
- Executive personal assistant
- Office all-rounder
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a work health and safety position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Certificate IV in Business (Administration), you are eligible to pursue your study in Diploma of Business, or Leadership and Management.
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (Administration)ENROLL NOW