About the BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and ManagementThis qualification designed for you to apply specialised knowledge and skills, together with experience in leadership and management, across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
At this level, you will use initiative and judgement to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters.
You will be able to use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources and transfer your knowledge to others, and creative or conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
How to study with LET Training
This course is delivered entirely online, giving you the freedom to adapt it to your own lifestyle. We encourage you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Grow your skills and get qualified without the constraints of attending physical classes.
You can study at any time, any place, with maximum flexibility.
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, phone or visual classroom sessions, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Enrol at any time and start straight after enrolment!
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 24 months to complete this qualification, but you may complete it in less time.
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
- We find our students complete this qualification with varying timeframes. It just depends on your life situation and time availability.
- Note: if you have not achieved a Diploma or Advanced Diploma from the BSB Training Package (current or superseded equivalent versions), or you don’t have the two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise and able to provide evidence to satisfy the qualification entry requirements, you should enrol in LET Training’s Diploma of Leadership and Management or Diploma of Business and Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management course package.
No minimum or structured timeframe but effective time management!
- You can complete the course as quickly as you choose.
- On average it may take you 30-4040-5050-6060-7065-7570-80 hours to complete a unit of competency. However, this will be influenced by your experience, time availability and work rate.
Unlimited learning support!
- Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
Alternatively, you have two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role in an enterprise and able to provide evidence to satisfy the qualification entry requirements.
The following are examples of evidence for LET Training to evaluate and assess the qualification entry requirements:
- A statement from your employer/s outlines your role and responsibilities carried out with two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role; and/or
- Performance review report/s that specify your role and responsibilities carried out with two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role ; and/or
- A signed job description/s confirms your role and responsibilities with two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role; and/or
- Service agreement/s confirms your service and responsibilities carried out with two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience in an operational or leadership role.
You can enrol and start at any time!
We are committed to seeing you through your course. To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course, the following entry and study requirements apply.
- Satisfy the qualification Entry Requirements;
- Have access to a fully-functional computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files and produce documents (using Microsoft Suite); and
- Have reliable internet access; and
- Have a valid email account and a telephone with a valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support session; and
- Participating in interactive assessment activities and interviews as required.
Skills needed for study:
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues.
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems.
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send emails with attachments, participate in web based communications, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data.
- Research skills to be able to research information and data from a variety of sources.
- Attention to details to successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 10 units of competency are required.
- BSBCRT611 Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBLDR602 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
- BSBHRM614 Contribute to strategic workforce planning
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBSTR602 Develop organisational strategies
Upon enrolment, you will be provided with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency (via the Learning Management System). For example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based short answer questions;
- Participate in interviews and/or interactive activities in a simulated business environment.
You will be required to submit your evidence for evaluation to the assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process. You will also be provided with opportunities to adjust and resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
You are well supported throughout your course, so you won’t feel alone!
LET Training strives in many ways to support you in your learning. This includes:
Providing resources and services accessible to our online and recorded webinars and support resources published on LET Training website Learning Support page; and
Unlimited opportunities to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist trainer between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (NSW Business Days and Time) via:
- Email (responded within 24 business hours)
- Web-based Applications (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Senior managers
- Leaders of business units
- Senior business advisor
- Senior business consultant
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a related field, with over five years experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, you may wish to pursue your study in Advanced Diploma of Business, or university studies.
BSB60420 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and ManagementENROLL NOW