About the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
Looking to learn how to lead teams, manage recruitment processes and give employees a feeling of empowerment and security? Study the Certificate IV Course in Human Resources from LET Training and you’ll build the skills required to enter a career in Human Resources.
With skills including people management, risk management, performance reviews, recruitment management and more, you can build a comprehensive understanding of the HR field. Study online today and gain this nationally recognised qualification.
Is the Certificate IV in Human Resources right for me?
This course suits someone who is both organised and efficient in day to day life and in the workplace. HR is a role that also demands empathy and understanding – as you’ll have to also deal with any employee issues that can affect their work.
This certificate is ideal for those who want to enter a career in HR, but it is also a great learning tool for current managers or business owners who want to diversify their skillset and improve the HR component of their business.
How does this course work?
This course is delivered entirely online, giving you the freedom to adapt it to your own lifestyle. We encourage you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Grow your skills and get qualified without the constraints of attending physical classes.
You will receive:
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
The course takes an average of 8-10 months to complete if you are a determined student, but fluctuates depending on lifestyle factors and how much work you put in. We estimate that each unit of competency can take 40-50 hours to complete individually.
You can complete the course as fast as you like, there is no minimum completion time. It depends on your work rate, availability and determination. We’re always here to help and you’ll be given a dedicated trainer to support you throughout your journey.
Career Opportunities with Certificate IV in Human Resources
Opportunity to enter into a structured corporate role with a HR qualification. Roles include:
- Human Resources Assistant
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Human Resources Administrator
- Human Resources Officer
- Payroll Officer
Why Study with LET Training?
LET Training are a National Registered Training Organisation (RTO). We’re experts in online training, delivering a specific set of courses which enable our trainers and assessors to bring their expertise to your learning experience. We offer our courses entirely online, and can work with you to find a suitable payment plan. Whatever your study goals and life circumstances, we can help you achieve them.
Entry Requirements for Certificate IV in Human Resources
If you’d like to study our Certificate IV in Human Resources, you must meet certain entry requirements which will ensure the best chances of completing your course. These include a mixture of core competencies and qualifications:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies or at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional desktop or laptop computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a smartphone and current valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support, interviews and video recording; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills Needed to Study Certificate IV in Human Resources
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
Accreditation & Modules of Certificate IV in Human Resources
The following qualification has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 10 units of competency are required:
Core units (6):
- BSBHRM403 Support performance-management processes
- BSBHRM404 Review human resources functions
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
Elective units (4):
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
Assessment Process for Certificate IV in Human Resources
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Complete interactive assessment tasks in a simulated business environment;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for marking to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Certificate IV in Human Resources, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s Diploma of Human Resources Management.
BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human ResourcesENROLL NOW