About the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Grow your leadership skills and make your first steps to becoming a manager with the Certificate IV in Leadership & Management. This course will aid you in developing the comprehensive skills you’ll need to lead, guide and support your own team.
Skills include organising workload, analysing information, delivering presentations and problem solving. We’ll support you through this course, which will give you the tools to further your career in business.
Is the Certificate IV in Leadership and Management right for me?
If you’re working in a supervisory role or aspiring to be a manager someday, the Certificate IV Leadership & Management course is the perfect choice for you. Study online at your own pace with the ongoing support of our expert trainers and take a step closer to achieving your goals.
This course is ideal for those with a thirst for knowledge. Keen to become the next business leader? Then enrol now and we’ll guide you along the way.
How does this course work?
This course is delivered entirely online, giving you the freedom to adapt it to your own lifestyle. We encourage you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Grow your skills and get qualified without the constraints of attending physical classes.
You will receive:
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response, (5 working days response)
Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
The course takes an average of 10-12 months to complete if you are a determined student, but fluctuates depending on lifestyle factors and how much work you put in. We estimate that each unit of competency can take 40-50 hours to complete individually.
You can complete the course as fast as you like, there is no minimum completion time. It depends on your work rate, availability and determination. We’re always here to help and you’ll be given a dedicated trainer to support you throughout your journey.
Career Opportunities with Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Supervisors and team leaders are needed in all areas of business, and this course will help you gain footing in one of these careers.
Career opportunities include:
- Leading Hand
- Team Leader
- Office Manager
Why Study with LET Training?
LET Training is a National Registered Training Organisation (RTO). We’re experts in online training, delivering a specific set of courses which enable our trainers and assessors to bring their expertise to your learning experience. We offer our courses entirely online, and can work with you to find a suitable payment plan. Whatever your study goals and life circumstances, we can help you achieve them.
Entry Requirements for Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
We are committed to seeing you through your course. We have determined the following requirements to ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year12: Completion of post-secondary studies or at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional desktop or laptop computer loaded with a web browser and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a telephone and current valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support and interviews; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills Needed to Study Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
Accreditation & Modules of Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
The following qualification has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 12 units of competency are required:
Core units (4):
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBMGT402 Implement Operational Plan
Elective units (8):
- BSBADM405 Organise meetings
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBINM401 Implement workplace information system
- BSBRSK401 Identify Risk and Apply Risk Management Processes
- BSBWHS401 Implement and Monitor WHS Policies, Procedures & Programs to meet Legislative Requirements
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Assessment Process for Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for marking to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management.
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and ManagementENROLL NOW