About the BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources Management
Looking to take the next step in your HR career? Study the Diploma of Human Resources Management and pick up the new skills you’ll need to move forward with your career.
The nationally recognised course includes the newest modules and will see you equipped with a variety of HR skills including management of services, recruitment processes, employee relations and work health and safety.
Is the Diploma of Human Resources Management right for me?
This course suits someone who already has a foundation in a HR role, be it management or executive level. Ideal for those ready to get accredited in their discipline, the Diploma of Human Resources Management is studied entirely online and can be adapted to your existing commitments.
How does this course work?
Our courses are delivered entirely online, allowing you to learn around your own lifestyle. We give you the power to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Make the most of gaining a nationally recognised qualification without the hassle of attending a physical campus.
You will receive:
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
The course takes an average of 8-10 months to complete if you are a determined student, but fluctuates depending on lifestyle factors and how much work you put in. We estimate that each unit of competency can take 60-70 hours to complete individually.
You can complete the course as fast as you like, there is no minimum completion time. It depends on your work rate, availability and determination. We’re always here to help and you’ll be given a dedicated trainer to support you throughout your journey.
Career Opportunities with Diploma of Human Resources Management
Take your HR career to the next level. Some career opportunities with this diploma include:
- Human Resources Advisor
- Human Resources Manager
- Business Coaching Consultant
- Grievance Officer (Workplace Relations)
- Head of People and Culture
- Safety Manager
Why Study with LET Training?
LET Training are a National Registered Training Organisation (RTO). We’re experts in online training, delivering a specific set of courses which enable our trainers and assessors to bring their expertise to your learning experience. We offer our courses entirely online and can work with you to find a suitable payment plan. Whatever your study goals and life circumstances, we can help you achieve them.
Entry Requirements for Diploma of Human Resources Management
If you’d like to study our Diploma in HR, you must meet certain entry requirements which will ensure the best chances of completing your course. These include a mixture of core competencies and qualifications:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year12: Completion of post-secondary studies or at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional desktop or laptop computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a smartphone and valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support, interviews, video recording; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills Needed to Study Diploma of Human Resources Management
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
Accreditation & Modules of Diploma of Human Resources Management
The following qualification has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 9 units of competency are required:
Core units (6):
- BSBHRM501 Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBWRK520 Manage employee relations
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative
Elective units (3):
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBLED501 Develop workplace learning environment
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Assessment Process for Diploma of Human Resources Management
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Complete interactive assessment tasks in a simulated business environment;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for marking to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Diploma of Human Resources Management, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources).
BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resources ManagementENROLL NOW