About the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Become a master of your own craft with an Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management. This nationally recognised qualification will see you become accredited in a wide range of skill, including managing finances, developing strategic plans, planning and managing compliance systems and implementing work health and safety systems.
Even the most natural of leaders can gain invaluable knowledge from this prestigious qualification.
Is the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management right for me?
This course suits someone in a senior management role of any business. From marking to finance, accounting to HR, an Advanced Diploma is a useful addition to any resumé.
How does this course work?
All of our courses are delivered entirely online, meaning you can study around your existing commitments. You’ll have the power to study wherever and whenever you want without the hassle of attending a physical campus.
You will receive:
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, telephone or Skype call, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
Is there a maximum course completion time?
From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
The course takes an average of 10-12 months to complete if you are a determined student, but fluctuates depending on lifestyle factors and how much work you put in. We estimate that each unit of competency can take 60-70 hours to complete indicatively.
You can complete the course as fast as you like, there is no minimum completion time. It depends on your work rate, availability and determination. We’re always here to help and you’ll be given a dedicated trainer to support you throughout your journey.
Career Opportunities with Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The career opportunities that come with an Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management are abundant. You can take your career to the next level in any discipline after studying this high level accreditation. Opportunities include:
- Executive Manager
- Director Manager
- Human Resources (Strategy)
- Senior Executive
Why Study with LET Training?
LET Training are a National Registered Training Organisation (RTO). We’re experts in online training, delivering a specific set of courses which enable our trainers and assessors to bring their expertise to your learning experience. We offer our courses entirely online, and can work with you to find a suitable payment plan. Whatever your study goals and life circumstances, we can help you achieve them.
Entry Requirements for Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management<
If you’d like to study the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management with LET Training, you must meet certain entry requirements which will ensure the best chances of completing your course. These include a mixture of core competencies and qualifications:
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or
- Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies or
- Have at least 4 years’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional desktop or laptop computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files, produce documents, and analyse information and data; and
- Have access to reliable Internet Access; and
- Have a current valid email account for learning and assessment communication; and
- Have a smartphone and valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support, interviews and video recording; and
- Successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Skills Needed to Study Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate, and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues;
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems;
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send e-mails with attachments, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data;
- The ability to research information and data from a variety of sources;
Accreditation & Modules of Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
The following qualification has National recognition under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 12 units of competency are required:
Core units (4):
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- BSBINN601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBMGT605 Provide leadership across the organisation
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
Elective units (8):
- BSBCOM603 Plan and establish compliance management systems
- BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
- BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWHS605 Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
Assessment Process for Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Upon enrolment, you will be provided via the Learning Management System with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency. By way of example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based questions;
- Complete interactive assessment tasks in a simulated business environment;
- Participate in interviews with your assessor.
You will submit your evidence for evaluation to the Assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process.
You will be provided with opportunities to adjust & resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a management and leadership position, with over 5 years business management experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management, you may like to enrol in a university qualification.
BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and ManagementENROLL NOW