About the BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and ManagementThis qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
How to study with LET Training
This course is delivered entirely online, giving you the freedom to adapt it to your own lifestyle. We encourage you to study wherever you are, whenever you want. Grow your skills and get qualified without the constraints of attending physical classes.
You can study at any time, any place, with maximum flexibility.
- Access to Online Learning portal at any time of anywhere
- Easy-to-read course materials
- Access to learning supports (emails, phone or visual classroom sessions, Webinars)
- Fast Assessment response (5 working days response)
Enrol at any time and start straight after enrolment!
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 30 months to complete this qualification, but you may complete it in less time.
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have up to 24 months to complete this qualification, but you may complete it in less time.
- From the date of enrolment registration, you have you have up to 12 months to complete this qualification.
- We find our students complete this qualification with varying timeframes. It just depends on your life situation and time availability.
No minimum or structured timeframe but effective time management!
- You can complete the course as quickly as you choose.
- On average it may take you 30-4040-5050-6060-7065-7570-80 hours to complete a unit of competency. However, this will be influenced by your experience, time availability and work rate.
Unlimited learning support!
- Although the course is delivered online, you’re not on your own. Our expert trainers and assessors are on-hand to support you through the course.
You can enrol and start at any time!
We are committed to seeing you through your course. To ensure you have the best chance of successfully completing your course, the following entry and study requirements apply.
- Current Year 12: Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent or the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate; or Non-Year 12: Completion of post-secondary studies; or
- Successful completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent; and
- Have at least 6 months’ work experience; and
- Have at least 12 months’ work experience; and
- Have at least 2 years’ work experience; and
- Have access to a fully-functional computer loaded with a web browser, web camera and appropriate software applications to read PDF files and produce documents (using Microsoft Suite); and
- Have reliable internet access; and
- Have a valid email account and a telephone with a valid telephone number for learning and assessment communication, support session; and
- Participating in interactive assessment activities and interviews.
Skills needed for study:
- Language and literacy skills at a level that enables you to read, interpret, communicate and apply a range of information and data, to write reports and other business documents for a variety of audiences, and to present and address issues.
- Numeracy skills at a level that enables you to plan and manage time, resources and budgets, to read and understand workplace figures, statistics and measurements, and to solve routine workplace and operational problems.
- Technology skills to conduct online research using a web browser and to use a variety of software applications to send emails with attachments, participate in web based communications, read PDF files, produce documents, analyse information and data.
- Research skills to be able to research information and data from a variety of sources.
- Attention to details to successfully complete all assessment tasks to the required published standard.
Consistent with qualification rules, the qualification offered by LET Training comprises the following units of competency. If you wish to change elective unit/s to meet your training needs, please speak to one of our friendly learning and development advisors.
To be awarded this qualification, 12 units of competency are required.
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems
- BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
Upon enrolment, you will be provided with detailed assessment task specifications and activities specific to the relevant unit of competency (via the Learning Management System). For example, you may be required to:
- Complete projects and/or portfolios of evidence;
- Answer a series of knowledge-based short answer questions;
- Participate in interviews and/or interactive activities in a simulated business environment.
You will be required to submit your evidence for evaluation to the assessor, who will continue to maintain contact with you during the assessment decision-making process. You will also be provided with opportunities to adjust and resubmit your assessments based on the assessor’s feedback.
You are well supported throughout your course, so you won’t feel alone!
LET Training strives in many ways to support you in your learning. This includes:
Providing resources and services accessible to our online and recorded webinars and support resources published on LET Training website Learning Support page; and
Unlimited opportunities to discuss your course work on a one-on-one basis with a specialist trainer between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (NSW Business Days and Time) via:
- Email (responded within 24 business hours)
- Web-based Applications (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Business Advisors
- Corporate Department Managers
- Assistant to Senior Manager
- Customer Support Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Corporate Services Manager
- Distribution Centre Manager
- Information Services Manager
- Legal Practice Manager
- Operations Manager
- Production Manager
- Public Sector Manager
- Transport Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Administration Manager
- General Office Manager
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
For those currently working in a related field, with over five years experience, ask our friendly course consultants about our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) eligibility. Our expert trainer will develop a tailored training plan for you based on your existing role and experience.
Will previous study and experience count?
LET Training recognises Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which takes into account the knowledge and skills you have already gained through your previous education and work history, attributing this to your enrolled qualification course. This may be through formal or informal training and can result in credits towards your qualification. More information can be found in the Student Handbook.
Future education pathways
After successfully completing the Diploma of Leadership and Management, you may like to enrol in LET Training’s Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or Advanced Diploma of business for further potential career opportunities.
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and ManagementENROL NOW